Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center - Boise and Saint Alphonsus Medical Group (SAMG) are seeking a Cardiac Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with a genuine interest in Cardiothoracic Surgery services to join our team located in Boise, Idaho.
SAMG is a physician led and accountable 500+ provider group seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) who is committed to a multidisciplinary team approach to inpatient care in partnership with our Cardiothoracic Surgeons.
The CT surgery program consists of three Surgeons, six APPs, five CVOR specialized Anesthesiologists, and three Perfusionists who work together with an experienced staff on a dedicated floor that houses both the 10-bed dedicated CVICU (for prep and recovery), an 8-bed step down unit, and the CVORs. Our team of providers performed over 280 open heart surgeries and over 150 lung surgeries (including robotics) this past year, as well as over 450 TAVR and 80 MitraClip. Our practice specializes in Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery, Robotic Thoracic surgery, and Hybrid Maze procedure for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.
The program participates in the STS Registry and aggressively benchmarks performance as part of an ever-vigilant quality and outcomes improvement program. Included among our accomplishments are a high early extubation rate, a low transfusion and other complication rates, and many regional and national cardiac surgery awards.
Saint Alphonsus Health System is served by an employed 20 physician Cardiology group and 18 APPs.
The schedule for this opportunity is weekdays, Monday - Friday, with rotational call of 1:4.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Current, unrestricted Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner medical license in Idaho; valid controlled substance registration with Idaho; Board of Pharmacy and DEA.
- A strong medical background and a desire to develop a practice to support a growing multi-specialty medical group. In providing this support, you will obtain Idaho medical licensure to maintain and strengthen the Health System's general internal program across all communities we serve
- Previous APP experience in cardiac disease management or chronic care management preferred
- Proficiency in vein harvesting is strongly preferred
This is an exciting opportunity for the right Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to be part of a growing multispecialty group practice.
Saint Alphonsus offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)