The Dentist (Oral Surgery) will accept inpatient and outpatient consults from Primary Care and other Specialty clinic providers and function as an Oral Surgeon in all aspects of patient care including inpatient/outpatient care.
The Dentist (Oral Surgery) will be responsible to run an outpatient clinic, provide inpatient services as well as operative procedures in both the outpatient clinic and Operating Room, while meeting the Acute Care and Specialty Services requirements. The Dentist (Oral Surgery) reports to the Chief Dental Service.
- The incumbent "encompasses the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues or the oral and maxillofacial regions.
- The maxillofacial surgeon will deal with the lower two-thirds of the face, the lower portion of the orbital cavity, the maxilla, and the mandible
- Provides evaluation, diagnosis, and surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects of the hard and soft tissues of the oral cavity either in clinic or in the operating room setting, on patients assigned to him/her by the Chief, Dental Service
- Provides consultative services on patients referred from other sections of the Ambulatory Care Center and at times, on patients referred from other VA facilities
- Provides emergency dental services upon proper referral from triage
- Provides a continuum of care for patients who are discharged from other VA facilities before their dental treatment is completed.
- Performs administrative and other tasks as assigned to him/her by the Chief, Dental Service
Work Schedule: Full Time M-F, with additional On - Call
Virtual : This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives : Recruitment Incentive is Authorized for select individuals.
EDRP Authorized: Contact , the EDRP Coordinator for questions/assistance McMahon, Christine