Rush University Medical Center, a nationally recognized clinical and academic institution and the teaching hospital for Rush Medical and Nursing Colleges, located in downtown Chicago, invites applications for the position of General Dermatologist .
- Qualified candidates will have completed an ACGME accredited Dermatology Residency and be board eligible or board certified by the American Board of Dermatology.
- The candidate will be expected to provide clinical care as well as actively participate in the team’s academic programs, including teaching of Dermatology residents and medical students and participation in grand rounds and journal clubs.
- Clinical research opportunities are also available.
- Candidates will have a faculty rank commensurate with experience. Competitive salary and benefits package available.
- The Department of Dermatology is a clinically oriented department and has been an integral part of the core mission of Rush University Medical Center.
- It continues to contribute to clinical excellence, education, quality improvement, patient safety and clinical research.
- The dermatology faculty foster a collaborative atmosphere with clinical expertise in a variety of clinical areas.
- Rush Dermatology serves a diverse patient population, and the interested candidate will have the opportunity to develop a focused area of expertise.
- Multidisciplinary conferences, regular academic sessions with invited speakers, and faculty promotions are available.
Rush University System for Health is an academic health system whose mission is to improve the health of the individuals and the diverse communities it serves through the integration of outstanding patient care, education, research and community partnerships. Rush includes Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Copley Medical Center and Rush Oak Park Hospital, as well as numerous outpatient care facilities. Rush University, with more than 2,500 students, is a health sciences university that comprises Rush Medical College, the College of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences and the Graduate College. Rush University Medical Center is an elite medical community recognized for excellence in patient care, medical discovery and clinical expertise. Our continued pursuits have earned Rush University Medical Center the distinction of being on U.S. News & World Reports Best Hospitals Honor Roll for 2022-2023. This places the Medical Center amongst the top 20 of the more than 4,500 hospitals evaluated. U.S. News & World Report has also recognized ten Rush programs amongst the nations best, including top ten national rankings for neurology and neurosurgery and orthopedics. These accolades, along with many others that include a decade of Magnet designation, reflect the collective efforts and commitment to excellence demonstrated by our physicians, advanced practitioners, nurses and medical staff. Rush University Medical Center has received Vizient's Quality Leadership Award, ranking first among 99 academic medical centers across the country. All three Rush University System for Health hospitals have earned the LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader designation in the Healthcare Equality Index.
Rush is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer