General - Complex
The University of Missouri School of Medicine
The Department of Dermatology at the University of Missouri is seeking academically-oriented dermatologists excited to begin or build upon their careers with a well-established, growing department. Our openings include opportunities in most areas of dermatology to include general dermatology, complex dermatology, procedural dermatology, and dermatopathology.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds & experienced are encouraged to apply!
- Join a team of 12 dermatologists & 3 APPs
- Several clinic locations:
- MU Campus/Columbia - Multiple positions available
- Excellent for those with interests in general dermatology, complex medical dermatology, inpatient dermatology, or a combination of these, as well as dermatopathology.
- Ellis Fischel Cancer Center - Opportunity for those with interest in Dermatologic Oncology.
- Jefferson City - Join a well-established dermatologist & highly skilled PA in a procedurally heavy dermatology practice primed for expansion.
- Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans Hospital
- Call: 1 in 6 call, weekdays, and weekends
- Compensation Structure: Competitive Base Salary + Attainable Incentive Program
- Flexibility for individual career goals
- Do you want to be primarily clinical?
- Do you want protected time?
- How much do you want to teach?
- Do you want complex dermatology?
- Do you want to focus on skin of color?
- Opportunities to participate in therapeutic clinical trials.
- All ranks available
- Both tenure and non-tenure tracks are available.
- For those interested in a tenure-track position, research support is available.
Areas of Specialty:
- General Dermatology
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Dermatologic Oncology
- Inpatient Dermatology
- All candidates must have obtained their M.D. or D.O. along with residency training from an ACGME-accredited residency program.
- BC or BE in Dermatology is also required. For the purposes of this application, board-certified/board-eligible are considered experienced.
About the Department :
The faculty and staff at the University of Missouri School of Medicine's Department of Dermatology are dedicated to providing high-quality dermatological care for our patients, exceptional educational experiences for our residents, fellows, and students, a stimulating, engaging, and collegial work environment, and the ongoing pursuit of new knowledge and scholarship.
We provide dermatology care for patients at five locations in University of Missouri Health Care Hospitals and Clinics and we care for our veterans at the Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans' Hospital . We also have been conducting teledermatology clinics in rural, underserved areas of Missouri for more than 20 years.
We have beautiful facilities, a strong and diverse faculty and staff, and a comprehensive dermatopathology service . The future is bright for Mizzou Dermatology!
About Our Training Programs:
Our department has 10 residents as well as Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowships. Both programs are ACGME-accredited.