The Las Vegas VA is seeking to hire and Endocrinologist to join our dynamic team!
Scope of practice for the endocrinologist to include, but is not limited to:
- Provides direct patient care for inpatients and outpatients with actual or presumed endocrinologic problems, including care of transgender veterans.
- Ability to perform thyroid fine needle aspirations.
- Order, supervise, and interpret all standard and specialized endocrinologic tests.
- Provides patient-centered medical care utilizing both the art and science of medicine.
- Provides high-value, cost-effective, and team-based medical care.
- Utilizes palliative and hospice services and principles as indicated.
- Demonstrates ability to teach medical students, medical residents, and other students who rotate on the oncology service
- Demonstrates ability to participate in clinical research and other academic activities as assigned, both with VA and our affiliated academic institutions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that enhances the effectiveness and accomplishments of the service.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills that are commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Participates in hospital and medical staff activities such as accreditation requirements, quality assessment, quality improvement projects, committee assignments, EPRP activities, lean activities, ORYX, HEDIS, SAIL measures, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to function within the parameters set by VA with regards to consult management, utilization of order sets, documentation in CPRS, and other requirements of the VA's electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrates ability to function within a large complex organization that requires cooperation with multiple services, including community care, prosthetics service, medical administration, medical records, group medical practice, etc.
Work Schedule: 8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday (Plus On-Call)