Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH is seeking an experienced Advanced Practice Provider to work with its collegial and caring Endocrinology team. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week with clinical responsibilities in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. This role will require:
- Serving on the Inpatient Glucose Management Service (GMS) joining a team of three Nurse Practitioners whose main responsibility is to provide diabetes care, especially insulin and glucose management to the DHMC inpatient population.
- Conducting outpatient clinics to support patients who have been discharged by the inpatient service as well as working independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals to evaluate, treat and teach patients with a specific focus on endocrine, thyroid, and diabetes care.
- This is a predominantly Monday through Friday day shift position, with at least 3-weekend shifts expected per year. There is no call expectation for this position, and daily flexible hospital rounding time is expected in order to provide continuity care for inpatient diabetes management, while the outpatient clinic is scheduled in the afternoon.
The ideal candidate is a team player, flexible, and possesses strong communication skills. Experience with diabetes management or as a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) or Board Certified in Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) is ideal, but not required to apply for the position. The position will be eligible for an academic appointment with the Geisel School of Medicine. What Dartmouth Health has to offer you:
What New England has to offer you:
- Established patient base
- Collegial environment and referrals
- Ties to the Academic Medical Center
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages
- Dedicated CME time and funds
- Four seasons and an outdoor lifestyle
- Access to major cities and airports
- Proximity to mountains and hiking trails
- Driving distance to the seacoast/ocean
- The abundance of local lakes for boating and swimming