Nurse Practitioner - Pediatric & Adolescent Weight Loss Center
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children - Philadelphia, PA
Putting Kids and Families First Since 1875
A leader in pediatric care since 1875, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children's nationally recognized programs and pediatric specialists provide exceptional care to children from throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and around the world. The mission of St. Christopher's Hospital for Children is to provide quality pediatric services in a caring, progressive environment. St. Christopher's Hospital is committed to quality through teamwork, technology and service in a child-friendly, family-oriented environment.
For more than 100 years, our hospital has served children, families, and communities in Greater Philadelphia and surrounding communities. Caring for children is our passion. Here, we develop, offer, and refine nationally recognized programs through patient- and family-centered, collaborative, and innovative care.
We're an academic medical center, which means St. Christopher's Hospital for Children includes the latest in diagnostics, treatments, and innovations - all tailored specifically to the needs of children. Through our research, academics, and clinical care, children and families depend on the leading-edge care found only at an academic medical center.
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children is recruiting for a full time Nurse Practitioner for our Pediatric & Adolescent Weight Loss program. The program at St. Christopher's has the highest case volume within Pennsylvania. The nurse practitioner will join a multi-disciplinary team with physicians, nurses, social workers, dietitians, and office staff to assist patients and families as they seek care to address weight and health issues.
Required Education and Skills:
- Ability to function on a team
- Educate patients & families on medical topics
- Manage daily patient visits - new and follow ups
- Coordinate & manage consults for patients
- Review patient's lab and test results
- Participate in departmental certification process
- Develop and monitor treatment plans for patients
- Ability to travel to related clinical locations
- Graduate from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
- Unrestricted nursing license in Commonwealth of PA
- Board Certification from AANP
- DEA Certification
- Knowledge of Pharmacology related to pediatric patients
- Clinical experience in primary care, medical/surgical, pediatrics or related clinical area
- Competitive compensation package
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance & tail coverage
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- Supportive health system to advance goals
is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high-quality, leading-edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, in partnership with Drexel University. Tower Health is strongly committed to academic medicine and training, including multiple residency and fellowship programs, the Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health, and the Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading. The system also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; home healthcare provided by Tower Health at Home; TowerDirect ambulance and emergency response; Tower Health Medical Group; Tower Health Providers, our clinically integrated network; and 25 Tower Health Urgent Care facilities across our service area. For more information, visit towerhealth.org
. Websites: St. Christopher's Hospital for Children Contact Name: Bill Mawhinney, MBA, CDR Contact Email:
Click here to login or register!
Contact Phone: 484-545-7690 Qualifications
- Unrestricted Nursing License - Commonwealth of PA
- DEA Certification
- Board Certified Nurse Practitioner