The Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance is seeking an experienced, Board Certified physician to join its senior leadership team as Executive Medical Director located in Boise, Idaho.
Beginning their work in 2012, The Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance (SAHA) is a physician-led network of 3,000+ providers sponsored by Saint Alphonsus Health System. SAHA is a Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) based on a strategy to tightly align physicians, hospitals, and payers to provide better access to care, better clinical quality and to control costs. Utilizing common clinical guidelines, data sharing and performance measurements, the Executive Medical Director will help guide the CIN in advancing quality, efficiencies, and overall care coordination across the continuum.
The ideal candidate for SAHA EMD is a physician with Medical Director experience, knowledge of managed care plans, demonstrated history of success in guiding groups to efficiently provide the highest quality, evidence-based care, and working to improve the patient care experience and overall health of the community.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) opportunity which requires a 0.8 or 0.9 FTE Administrative commitment and 0.1 or 0.2 FTE clinical role. The schedule for this opportunity is a traditional Monday - Friday work week.
Requirements for this opportunity include:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program
- Board certification
- Current, unrestricted medical license in Idaho & Oregon, or ability to obtain
- Five years of leadership experience in one or more healthcare organizations
- Master's degree in Health Care Administration or Business preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare payer organization preferred
- Knowledge of advanced payment models; care management; clinical documentation; clinical integration; managed care; provider credentialing; payer contracting; performance-based incentive programs; performance improvement methodologies (e.g. lean, six sigma, etc.); population health; quality indicators; risk coding; and utilization management is preferred
An excellent compensation and benefits package is available for the right candidate including:
- Sign-on Incentives
- Student Loan Repayment
- PTO & CME Allocation
- Malpractice Insurance (Incl. Tail)
- Retirement (403b)