Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high-quality, leading-edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia. Tower Health has partnered with Drexel University College of Medicine to open a new medical school one-half mile walking distance from Reading Hospital, a regional medical campus for Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health. The school opened in 2021 and is currently accepting enrollment applications for the second class in 2024. In addition, Reading Hospital is the main training hospital for the medical school and supports ACGME accredited residency and fellowship programs. For more information, visit towerhealth.org Responsibilities
Reading Hospital is seeking an Infectious Disease Physician with a strong interest in Infection Prevention to be the Medical Director of Infection Prevention (approximately 30% FTE) as well as providing both inpatient and outpatient Infectious Diseases consultation (approximately 70% FTE). The Medical Director will work closely with our Director of Epidemiology and Infection Prevention and Infection Preventionists to administer an effective Infection Control Plan in accordance with APIC guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Join a team of three physicians (fourth and fifth joining in the Fall), one PA-C and two CRNP's
- Opportunity to do both inpatient and outpatient consultations
- Participate in medical education teaching of medical students and residents
- Interested in research? You will have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials with the assistance of the Clinical Trials office
The Benefits We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with employer automatic contribution and employer match.
- Malpractice insurance & Tail Coverage
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Residency/Fellowship Stipend
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B & Green Card Support
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
- Supportive health system to advance goals
Reading Hospital is a 697-bed nonprofit teaching hospital that provides high quality healthcare, cutting-edge technology, and experienced, caring medical professionals. As the nationally recognized, Magnet® designated flagship institution of Tower Health, Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, including the McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, one of the state’s busiest Emergency Departments and a Level I Trauma Center, and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers and services, was named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades™, and has been ranked as one of the Top Ten Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report the second year in a row.
Reading Hospital is located in West Reading, part of Berks County, Pennsylvania. This is an area that offers many wonderful places to live and raise a family. Berks County is within driving distance of major metropolitan areas like Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, offering an easy chance to get away for some big city excitement.
The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Public Museum are considered among the best in the state. GoggleWorks is one of the nation's largest interactive community arts centers. And each year, the Berks Arts Council presents the largest jazz festival on the east coast. In addition, the Santander Arena and Performing Arts Center bring some of the world’s top acts to Reading.
The great outdoors is right in your backyard, including the National Scenic Appalachian Trail, Blue Marsh Lake, French Creek State Park, and the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary. And you'll find lakes for boating, swimming, ice fishing, and skating. Reading also ranks fourth nationwide in minor-league sports markets, hosting our own minor league hockey (Reading Royals) and baseball (Reading Fightin’ Phils) teams.
Virtual Tour – Reading Hospital
Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health
Living in Berks County – From Reading Fellows (Video)
Reading Hospital Campus Map
Facts About Reading Hospital
Berks County Living Website
Newcomers Guide to Berks County
Pennsylvania’s Americana Region
Contact Name: Christopher David
Contact Phone: 570-401-4510 (Call or Text)
- Candidates must be BE/BC in Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease
- Candidates coming out of training encouraged to apply!
- A valid PA Medical License or the ability to obtain one is required