Sanford Health is seeking a BC/BE Infectious Disease physician to join a collegial, highly respected infectious disease practice in Fargo, ND.
- The provider team is made up of six physicians supported by one APP.
- Sanford Medical Center Fargo is a regional referral and Level I Trauma Center providing excellent opportunity for continual exposure to a wide variety of interesting, complex and challenging pathology including HIV, tuberculosis, zoonoses, infections in immuno-compromised hosts (organ transplant and oncology), and complicated orthopedic and neurosurgical cases.
- Practice is 100% ID with full spectrum of ID Pathology
- Consult service, outreach and telemedicine.
- Call is currently 1:6
- Well-established, successful antibiotic stewardship program with dedicated ID pharmacists.
- Weekly case conferences and monthly journal clubs.
- Affiliation with the University of North Dakota School of Medicine allows for teaching medical students; residents from our family medicine, internal medicine, transitional year, podiatry, orthopedic and general surgery programs; and our hematology/oncology fellows.
Sanford Health offers a nationally competitive compensation plan with an additional physician benefits package including a health, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, CME allowance, paid time away, malpractice insurance and tail coverage, and a relocation allowance.
- 610 beds
- 643 physicians
- 399 advanced practice providers
- Total population 436,590
- 5-year population grown projections 6.8%
- Median household income $58,988
- Unemployment rate 2.4%
- Population over 65 years 16.3%
Sanford Medical Center Fargo
In 2017, the new Fargo Medical Center was completed. In its 1 million square feet, the medical center houses 384 beds, 28 operating rooms and 51 emergency department bays.
- Largest hospital in North Dakota
- Level I Adult Trauma Center
- Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Largest employer in Fargo
- Primary teaching institution for the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Six residency training programs with the UND School of Medicine
- On the Top 100 Hospitals list
- Home of Sanford Children's Hospital, the largest children's hospital in North Dakota
The metropolitan community that includes the City of Fargo, West Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN is located in Cass County, ND and Clay County, MN. The extended community is along the Red River of the North which forms the border between Minnesota and North Dakota. This robust, metropolitan, community of nearly 250,000 continues to grow at a comfortable rate and offers the best of both worlds. More than 26,000 college students contribute to the areas entrepreneurial spirit, its educated workforce and to national rankings as a #2 Metro in the U.S., Top 50 Digital City and Smartest City in the U.S.
The community is large enough to support many amenities of a large urban setting such as an International Airport, Community Theater, Symphony, three universities and a community college, a professional baseball team and a zoo yet not so large as to generate the drawbacks such as a high crime rate, traffic congestion and pollution.
Thirty-six arts and cultural organizations and the three university communities generate cultural and sporting events for all to enjoy. Year-round sports and recreational activity for children and young adults are provided through the schools, park districts, private organizations and the YMCA.
Three public school districts and two parochial school systems offer a wide selection of high-quality courses at all levels.
The area enjoys four seasons with low humidity making for pleasant spring, summer and autumn days. Average high temperature is 16 degrees in January and 82 degrees in July.
Fargo's historic central business district is a vibrant commercial area providing unique opportunities for housing, shopping, dining and entertainment. West Acres Regional Shopping Center is located at the junction of Interstate Highways I-94 and I-29. Neighborhood and specialty malls are located throughout the city.
Fargo is home of the North Dakota State University Bison, playing Division I football in the Summit League.
Chamber of Commerce
Arts and Culture
Colleges and Universities
Hector International Airport
Symphony and Community Theater
Visitors and Convention Bureau
Parks and Recreation
FM Red Hawks
Red River Zoo
Sanford Health, one of the largest health systems in the United States, is dedicated to the integrated delivery of health care, genomic medicine, senior care and services, global clinics, research and affordable insurance. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization includes 46 hospitals, 1,400 physicians and more than 200 Good Samaritan Society senior care locations in 26 states and 10 countries. Learn more about Sanford Health's transformative work to improve the human condition at sanfordhealth.org or Sanford Health News .
When you join Sanford Health you will join a leader in the health care industry in the Upper Midwest. Sanford offers:
- Excellent salary package, including comprehensive benefits, relocation allowance
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Research and academic opportunities
- Call schedules allowing for meaningful family time
- Excellent referral base from Sanford Health primary care clinics
- No partnership buy-in costs
- State-of-the-art technology
For more information regarding this excellent practice opportunity contact:
Sanford Health Physician Placement (Fargo Region)
510 6th Ave N, Suite A
P O Box 2010
Fargo, ND 58122-2181
Phone: (701) 234-6510
Fax: (701) 234-6575