JOB SUMMARY : Participates in team focused patient care by means of patient examinations augmented by diagnostic and therapeutic evaluations/ interventions in the medical and/or surgical theatres of health care. The clinician functions under the regulatory mandate from their respective licensing organization (North Carolina Medical Board or North Carolina Board of Nursing) with departmental specific credentialing from the institution.
This position will assigned to a non-teaching general ID inpatient consult team (ID-D), that will be especially focused on bone and joint infections and will be linked to the Outpatient Antibiotic Treatment (OPAT) program.
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant Program, Master's degree preferred
- Graduation from accredited Nurse Practitioner Master's Program
- Job experience preferred but not required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Current North Carolina Medical Board Medical License
- Certified by NCCPA
- Current North Carolina Board of Nursing Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner license
- Board certified in NP specialty
- Using medical decision-making skills to determine appropriate patient care plan.
- Collaborates with medical team when needed for effective team-based care.
- Order and interpret laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures. Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Procedural skills per department or practice guidelines
- Opportunity to participate in basic science and clinical research projects
- Potential for and encouraged to precept students and/or medical learners
- Uphold AHWFB missions, values, and cultural commitment
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to maintain composure and work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to perform complex patient diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Exemplary organizational skills
- Willingness to perform other related duties other than those described herein
- Efficient team based care
- Professionalism and customer service skills essential
- Potential irregular hours and/or call
What We Believe
When you join Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.