Banner -- University Medical Group Phoenix is seeking full-time Board Certified/Board Eligible Internists to charter our newest facility, Banner – University Medicine Clinics Arcadia (opening 2023). The successful candidates will divide their clinical and academic responsibilities within a research department with substantive NIH funding. Excellent opportunity for an established internist or ambitious recent graduate who desires a mix of clinical practice in an academic setting (with residents and medical students) and occasional lectures. Our training programs boasts top residents, faculty, and the largest ACGME-accredited Resident Training program in the Metropolitan Phoenix area, hence an enthusiastic commitment to teaching is desired.
The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
- Outpatient Internal Medicine mostly, with some involvement in inpatient support
- Teaching and mentoring of students and residents
- Participation in department meetings and grand rounds
- Collaboration with clinical faculty to co-manage patients
- Academic and Research involvement opportunities available
- 1.0 FTE
- ABMS certified or eligible in Internal Medicine
- Desire to work in an academic setting
- Demonstrated history of excellent scholarship and leadership experience or potential
- Position open to experienced Internists as well as 2022 graduating fellows with demonstrated leadership ability and a passion for teaching and excellence in patient care
Primary Location: Banner - University Medicine Center Arcadia, (in construction phase) to be located off 44 th and Camelback in Arcadia, AZ.
Opening in 2023, this innovative academic campus is designed to provide the people of Arcadia and surrounding areas a single location for many of their non-acute health care needs. The academic clinical setting also allows for immediate access to on-site advanced imaging, lab, pharmacy, and will include several providers across 11 different specialties, including hosting resident and fellow trainees in rotation.
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Urgent Care
- General Surgery
- Physical Therapy
- On-Site Imaging Modalities
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But that’s more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage — it’s everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Production Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME Allowance
- Legal, Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Physician Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or deferred options, employee perks and discounts
Iconic Landscapes. Picture Perfect Skies. It’s time to go beyond. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nation’s sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States’ sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater, and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air, and beautiful sunsets… Arizona has it all.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner requires the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.