1 license/50 States * 49 days paid time off annually!
Martinsburg, WV is a picturesque, historic community within 90 minutes from Washington, DC, and Baltimore, MD metropolitan areas , yet offers the serenity of small city living. Our opportunity is nestled in a community that offers a family-friendly lifestyle, great public and private schools, and affordable real estate. With such proximity to our nations capital, you can enjoy all the attractions, sports, shopping, and entertainment that a metropolitan area has to offer.
The Martinsburg VA Medical Center seeks an Ophthalmologist with training in Medical Retina. The candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- The individual is responsible for the maintenance of the highest standards of professional care in the outpatient and inpatient management of ophthalmology patients served by the facility. Managing outpatient, inpatient, and operative ophthalmology cases.
- Provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur.
- Provide professional advice to medical staff upon request, in emergencies, about professional management of patients being treated for ophthalmic diseases and injuries.
- Perform diabetic tele-retinal readings as needed.
- Provide professional services requiring a full range of inpatient and outpatient ophthalmology retinal services and comprehensive ophthalmology consistent with the hospital's capabilities.
- Facilitates patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers by applicable policies and regulations.
- Maintains current educational requirements as requested by the Medical Center.
- Proficiency in the diagnosis of surgical retina diseases.
- Proficiency in the diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical retinal diseases.
- Emphasis will be placed on age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, inflammatory diseases, and inherited retinal degenerations.
- Proficiency in multiple types of in-office procedures such as intraocular injections, and retinal lasers.
- Competency in the use and interpretation of fluorescein and ICG angiography, optical coherence tomography (OCT), ultrasonography, and visual function tests.
- Responsible for the education of residents, technicians, and other physicians.
The weekly schedule is Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The call is very little to none with an occasional consultative phone call.
Interested : Please forward your C.V. to
Veteran Affairs Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. No dealing with insurance companies and no overhead. Practice pure medicine.
Pursuant to VHA Directive 1193.01, VHA health care personnel are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to such accommodations as required by law (i.e., medical, religious, or pregnancy). VHA HCPs do not include remote workers who only infrequently enter VHA locations. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required accommodation from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
Located in the heart of West Virginia's Eastern Panhandle, the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) can be found on 175 acres in historic Berkeley County and has a service area of more than 126,000 veterans in West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. The Medical Center, part of the VA Capitol Health Care Network (VISN 5), offers a comprehensive range of services, including internal medicine, ambulatory surgery, audiology and speech pathology, dental, nursing home, nutrition, podiatry, prosthetics, women's health, mental health and rehabilitation medicine. Patient care is provided through an integrated primary care concept, and each veteran is assigned to a team of health care providers that follows the patient's care both as an inpatient and an outpatient. It is the mission of the Medical Center to honor America's Veterans as heroes by providing the highest quality health care. The employees of the Martinsburg VAMC are dedicated to improving the quality of life for eligible veterans through excellent health care.
George Washington University School of Medicine
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
West Virginia University Medical & Dental Schools
178 Nursing Home Care Unit
TYPE OF FACILITY
General Medical & Surgical, Long-term Care, Rehab & Domiciliary
Alcohol-Drug Rehabilitation Unit
Audiology & Speech Pathology
Homeless Domiciliary Program
Inpatient Hospice (Palliative Care)
Intensive Care Unit
Medical Center and Domiciliary-Based Substance Abuse Programs
Mental Hygiene Clinic
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder-Residential Rehab (PTSD-PRRP) Program
Pulmonary Function Lab
Traumatic Brain Injury-Community Re-Entry
The following Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) come under this facility:
200 Glenn Street
Cumberland, MD 21502
Phone: (301) 724-0061
Fort Detrick Outpatient Clinic
1433 Porter Street
Fort Detrick Army Garrison
Frederick, MD 21702
Franklin Contract Outpatient Clinic
Pendelton Community Care
314 Pine Street
Franklin, WV 26807
Phone: (304) 358-2355
Hagerstown Outpatient Clinic
Hub Plaza Building
1101 Opal Court
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Phone: (301) 665-1462
Harrisonburg Contract Outpatient Clinic
1755 S. High Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Phone: (540) 282-6035
Petersburg Contract Outpatient Clinic
Grant Memorial Hospital
P. O. Box 1019
Petersburg, WV 26847
Phone: (304) 257-5817
Stephens City Outpatient Clinic
170 Prosperity Drive
Winchester, VA 22602
Phone: (540) 869-0600