Marshfield Medical Center is seeking BE/BC Ophthalmologists to join our established and busy practices in Wisconsin .
Our opportunities include:
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin - Excellent referral base with skilled staff to support this practice. MMC - Eau Claire has an excellent referral base and has skilled staff to support this practice. The General Ophthalmologist will provide eye care for all conditions of the eye and surrounding structures, both routine and urgent (medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the eye).
- Marshfield, Wisconsin - Located at our flagship site of Marshfield Clinic Health System, home to many specialists and interventionists as well as the Childrens Hospital. This team has Glaucoma, Retina and Oculoplastic Surgeons, Optometrists and other Comprehensive Ophthalmologists within the department. MMC - Marshfield also has an excellent referral base and skilled staff to support this practice.
- Rice Lake, Wisconsin - Join a great primary care team with multiple specialties and sub-specialty support on site. MMC - Rice Lake has an excellent referral base and has skilled staff to support this practice. Recent updates to specialized equipment. The General Ophthalmologist would provide eye care for all conditions of the eye and surrounding structures, both routine and urgent (medical and surgical diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the eye).
Our experts at Marshfield Clinic Health System use the latest technology and treatments to provide world-class care, work alongside dedicated colleagues and outstanding support staff. Our sub-specialized service includes Pediatric Ophthalmology, Glaucoma subspecialty, Oculoplastic surgery, corneal transplant and Retinal surgery throughout our system of care.
Accepting J1 visa waiver candidates for some locations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive 2 year salary guarantee
- Lucrative bonus and/or stipend during training
- 4 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks CME to start
- $5,800 CME annual allowance
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and Occurrence Based Malpractice insurance
- Generous retirement plan; 401(k) plan with match and 457(b) plan
- Up to $20,000 relocation support
Marshfield Clinic Health System is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. This may qualify you for additional state and/or federal education loan forgiveness programs.
MCHS strongly encourages our physicians to be involved in medical education and research to continue building our strong foundation of patient care, research and education for years to come.
Marshfield Clinic Research Institute: http://www.marshfieldresearch.org/
Marshfield Clinic Division of Education: https://www.marshfieldclinic.org/education
Your ideal practice would be nestled in the beauty of Wisconsin where 4-season outdoor recreation meets innovative, quality healthcare. Our residential communities are safe with beautiful homes at affordable prices and no long commutes. Plentiful year-round recreation such as bicycling, hiking, skiing, fishing and golf abound. You will enjoy access to metro areas and excellent schools. Nationally, Wisconsin ranks near the top in ACT and SAT scores.
Marshfield Clinic Health System physicians and staff are motivated by our mission to enrich lives. We serve more than 350,000 unique patients each year through accessible, high quality health care, research and education. With more than 1,600 providers in 170 medical specialties and subspecialties as well as over 13,000 employees in 65 clinical locations in 45 communities serving Wisconsin and Michigans Upper Peninsula, Marshfield Clinic Health System is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care.
The Marshfield Promise
Motivated by our mission to enrich lives, we use common values to ensure those we serve feel supported in their healthcare journey and staff and providers are actively engaged with one another. Together through our actions, we promise to deliver compassionate, safe and expert care to everyone.
The Marshfield Promise is centered around 5 core values; Patient-Centered, Trust, Teamwork, Excellence and Affordability.
The Clinic was incorporated under Wisconsin law in 1916 and operates as a charitable corporation with all of its assets held in a charitable trust. It is one of only a few large independent nonprofit medical clinics in the United States. See the Marshfield Clinic history for more information.
We enrich lives to create healthy communities through accessible, affordable, and compassionate healthcare.
We will innovate and define the future of health care for generations and will be consumer's first choice for health care.
- Patient-Centered : We listen, serve, and put the needs of the patient first
- Trust : We earn trust through honesty, integrity, respect, and compassion
- Teamwork : We work together, respecting each other and our professional roles
- Excellence : Through research, education and best practice, we deliver exceptional quality
- Affordability : We are accountable as we manage resources and deliver value-based care
More than 1,200 hospitals, clinics and other sites participate in a variety of Clinic outreach programs. Clinic physicians and staff provide off-site consultation in 52 specialties.
The Clinic operates several dental clinics in northern, central and western Wisconsin. The dental clinics see more than 60,000 unique patients per year.
The Clinic had 3.2 million patient encounters and reported approximately 310,000 unique patients in the health system during this same period.