The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) proudly provides the highest quality integrated care for over 750,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We invite applications for a uveitis or cornea fellowship trained Ophthalmologist for our Largo Medical Office Building located in Upper Marlboro, MD .
In collaboration with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States we provide high-quality, patient centered health care. Through this partnership, our physicians are part of an industry-leading health care delivery model, having access to advanced technological tools and receiving comprehensive practice support.
MAPMG physicians are salaried, without the pressures of alternative payment models or fee-for-services. Our members have easy access to specialists and medical records, thus allowing you to treat the whole patient.
What you can expect:
As an Ophthalmologist for MAPMG, you can expect:
- To treat approximately 21 patients per day in 20-minute appointments
- To spend approximately 2.5 days per month in the operating room (varies by patient load)
- A large patient population drawn from the tri-state area
- An opportunity to care for a wide variety of ophthalmology patients
- Surgical cases only limited by experience and comfort level
- Collaboration with subspecialists within Kaiser and in the Academic community
What we require:
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible
- Fellowship training in uveitis or cornea
- Currently licensed or willingness to obtain licenses in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia ( if not currently licensed in our operating states, MAPMG will facilitate this )
We expect that you:
- Practice patient-centered, culturally competent medical care
- Communicate thoughtfully (listen, educate, advocate)
- Lead with integrity
- Value teamwork
- Are transparent and honest
- Go “above and beyond” for their patients
We support you with:
- Competitive compensation
- A pathway for physicians to become shareholders of MAPMG
- A comprehensive benefits plan including 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums, a pension plan and 401(k), life insurance, and paid leave
- A complete professional liability coverage provided at no cost, 100% reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining board certification, continuing medical education reimbursement, and in-house CME opportunities
- A concierge service that works directly with you to apply for all required state, CDS, and DEA licenses
Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity:
MAPMG continuously works to identify and mitigate healthcare inequities, and that starts with providing an inclusive, supportive environment for our physicians. We encourage applicants of any race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin who value diversity and will commit to practicing culturally competent healthcare.