The Physician will join Riverside Medical Group (RMG), a division of Riverside Healthcare, a strong network of primary care and specialty providers including more than 150 physicians and advanced practice providers who are dedicated to providing remarkable healthcare experiences, while upholding our mission and core values.
· MD or DO Degree
· Valid Illinois Medical License (or ability to obtain IL Medical License)
· Valid Illinois Controlled Substances License (or ability to obtain IL License)
· Board eligible or Board Certified
· Collect, record and maintain patient information such as medical histories, reports and examination results.
· Manage and treat patients within scope of practice.
· Analyze records, reports, test results or examination information to diagnose patients’ medical conditions.
· Analyze test data or images to inform diagnosis or treatment within scope of practice.
· Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments to patients.
· Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
· Expertise providing reliable, high value and evidence-based medicine that is supported by education and research.
· Ability to use electronic medical records to keep track of patient visits and information related to the physician/patient encounter.
· Expertise performing Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding for Physicians.
· Ability to work a full-time schedule of at least 40 hours of direct patient care.
· Participate in on-call during the week and on weekends (not all specialties will require on-call duties)
Outstanding Community & Remarkable Experiences for Young & Old.
Strategically located less than an hour south of Chicago, Kankakee County is home to farmers markets, festivals, and family fun. And for city dwellers looking to experience nature's splendor, there is no need to journey any further. Meander through miles of hiking and biking trails, float down the river or drive through the country side - all before capping the night off with a craft beer over a good meal or sip the latest world-class wines at the local wine bars.
Benefits of Living in Kankakee County
- Lower cost of living in Kankakee than in the suburbs of Chicago
- Tight-knit community of people with a variety of family-friendly events
- Bourbonnais, IL ranked as the 38th safest city in America
- Community values family, education, arts, culture, and history
- Scenic routes and less congested traffic than in major cities
- Educational opportunities from pre-school through college
- Less than one hour from two major international airports (Midway & O'Hare)
Want to Learn More? Visit...
Award Winning & Community-Based.
Riverside Medical Center is located in Kankakee, IL and is part of Riverside Healthcare, a fully integrated healthcare system serving the needs of individuals and communities throughout the the counties of Kankakee, Iroquis, Will, Grundy, and beyond. As part of the system, Riverside Medical Center, a 314-bed hospital and Level II trauma center, provides a full scope of inpatient and outpatient care. The organization is award-winning and has been recognized nationally for its programs in heart care, cancer care, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and more.
Riverside's reputation for nursing excellence has made it the area's only Magnet® Recognized hospital. Because Riverside's clinical performance ranks them among the top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide , Healthgrades has named them a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award, and Truven Health Analytics presented them with the 100 Top Hospitals® award. Riverside also operates several community, primary and specialty health centers throughout the region.
Learn more about Riverside's Awards and Recognitions.
With a Heart for the Next Generation of Physicians.
The organization is also defined by its teaching opportunities and strong residency and fellowship programs . The Riverside Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency Program accepts four new residents each year. As a teaching hospital, Riverside is shaping the future of healthcare and planning for the communities' needs by training 20 physicians each year. In addition, Riverside offers Fellowship Programs in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Gastroenterology and Geriatrics.