The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine of Tufts Medical Center, Tufts Medicine, is seeking a full-time Academic S urgical Pathologist with fellowship training and/or substantial experience in Cytopathology.
How you’ll transform patient care:
- You’ll participate in general surgical pathology sign-out with subspecialty focus, clinical conferences, and resident, fellow and medical school teaching
- You’ll have ample opportunities and support for clinical, translational, and basic science research
- You’ll quality for an academic appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
Who you are:
- Possess an MD/DO degree
- Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and/or Cytopathology
- Licensed and/or eligible to practice Medicine in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Qualify for a faculty appointment at Tufts University School of Medicine and participate in resident and medical student teaching
- Clinical expertise in Surgical Pathology; subspecialty training in OBGYN, Breast, GI and Cytopathology preferred
- Possess a portfolio of clinical research activities and/or funded or transferable research
Why join our team:
The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine is accredited by both the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks. The Anatomic Pathology service accessions approximately twenty thousand (20,000) specimens annually to include a variety of biopsies and large surgical specimens. There are over eleven thousand (11,000) GYN pap cytology and approximately six hundred (600) non-GYN cytology cases.
Why Tufts Medicine:
Tufts Medical Center is a proud member of Tufts Medicine. Tufts Medicine brings together providers and organizations with a shared vision of high-quality care delivered in the setting that serves our patients best. Together, Tufts Medicine brings together the strength of both academic medicine and community care. This opportunity is fully academic but our Department does include both academic and non-academic community-based locations.
Tufts Medical Center is an internationally respected, 400-bed, tertiary care academic medical center located in downtown Boston, adjacent to the Tufts University School of Medicine and a proud member of the Tufts Medicine Healthcare System. The Medical Center is known for its basic, translational and clinical science research as well as its expertise in health policy. The Medical Center is in the top 10 percent of independent institutions receiving federal research funding. Our mission of advancing knowledge and training students to become future investigators drives us forward to quickly turn innovative research into pioneering care.
Location: Tufts Medical Center, the principal teaching hospital for Tufts University School of Medicine, is located in vibrant downtown Boston.
How to apply:
Submit an application via the apply button located at the top of the listing. Should you have any questions regarding the position or any complications submitting an application with us, please feel free to reach out to Kathryn Kull, Senior Physician Recruiter at
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Social Responsibility: We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creative an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our patients. We warmly welcome all candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and personality.