Tower Health is seeking an experienced Pathologist to join our department at Reading Hospita l in West Reading Pennsylvania. The practice includes a wide variety of general surgical pathology and multiple subspecialties. Candidates should be board certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology and have at least 3 years' experience in a hospital setting. Additional expertise and fellowship training in neuropathology, gastro-intestinal pathology and/or dermatopathology are a plus. Interest in collaborative projects with other departments and graduate teaching and tumor board presentations is highly desirable.
Reading Hospital is a 714-bed hospital, the flagship, Magnet Recognized, acute care hospital of Tower Health located in West Reading, Pennsylvania. Reading Hospital is home to many top-tier specialty care centers, including Reading HealthPlex, McGlinn Cancer Institute, Miller Regional Heart Center, Emergency Department, Level I Trauma Center and Beginnings Maternity Center, which houses the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). With more than 1,000 physicians and providers across 49 locations, Reading Hospital has been recognized for its quality outcomes and clinical expertise across services lines. It is listed as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for five consecutive years, America's 50 Best Hospitals for 2022 and received a 5-Star Rating from CMS two years in a row. For more information, visit towerhealth.org .
Tower Health & Drexel University College of Medicine have partnered to open a brand-new medical school 1/2 miles from the Reading Hospital campus. The medical school opened in July 2021; and is currently enrolling the second graduating class. In 2024 will enroll 200 medical students.
Reading Hospital Awards and Recognition:
- America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2022)
- America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2021)
- Reading Hospital recognized on Newsweek's World Best Hospitals (92 nd ) 2021 List
- One of 10 Best Value Hospitals in Pennsylvania
- Top 1 percent of U.S. hospitals for clinical outcomes
Our Pathology Department includes 6 board certified fellowship trained Pathologists. The department supports Reading Hospital , a regional 715+ bed tertiary care center as well as Pottstown and Phoenixville Hospitals located within a 20-mile radius. In addition, an outpatient surgery center, a rehabilitation hospitaland associated physician offices. The pathology laboratory employs over 250 technologists, technicians and support personnel and performs 4 million tests per year. Our annual volume of surgical pathology cases is over 22,000 with 5,600 non-GYN cytology cases, 1,300 FNAs, 250 bone marrow biopsies and700 flow cytometry cases. The laboratory has a start-of-the-art immunohistochemistry/FISH laboratory. The practice is varied to include multiple specialties and has a wealth of interesting and challenging cases in a collaborating environment dedicated to advancing medical knowledge with an unmatched physician commitment to excellence.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plans with employer automatic contribution and match
- Claims-made malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Up to $100K in Educational Loan Assistance
- Generous paid time-off allowance
- CME time and money
- Relocation assistance
- H1B visas and green card sponsorship (we cannot currently support J1 visa waivers)
- Spousal / domestic partner job search support
Living in Berks County - From Reading Fellows (Video)
Berks County Living Website
Contact Name: Nick Nichols
Contact Phone: 484-628-6581
- Licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania
- Candidates must be Board Certified in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology and have at least 3 years' experience in a hospital setting.