Wolfson Childrens Hospital in Jacksonville Florida is seeking an experienced electrophysiologist to serve as the director of pediatric invasive electrophysiology at the Wolfson Childrens Terry Heart Institute in Jacksonville, Florida.
What You Will Need
- Board certification in Pediatric Cardiology (MD/DO)
- Ability to obtain a Florida medical license and Georgia medical license
- Fellowship in pediatric cardiology
- Advanced fellowship training in pediatric electrophysiology
- Certification in Adult Congenital Heart Disease is preferred
What You Can Expect
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Working in a busy electrophysiology service with a regional reputation for excellence in invasive and noninvasive electrophysiology and device management
- Working with a junior electrophysiologist, an advanced nurse practitioner and a device nurse.
- Handling a busy inpatient service with consults across the Baptist health system, along with a referral base that extends from Southeast Georgia, Tallahassee, and Daytona Beach.
- No responsibility for taking calls for general cardiology services.
- The ability to teach fellows/residents/medical students, advanced providers, nurses and clinical research, and/or other scholarly endeavors.
Who We Are - Terry Heart Institute with Wolfson Childrens Hospital
Terry Heart Institute with Wolfson Childrens Hospital provides the full spectrum of care for pediatric heart disease with expertise in congenital cardiac surgery, fetal cardiology, imaging, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology. The institute comprises 10 cardiologists and 8 advanced pediatric cardiac providers who deliver care at 9 locations spanning 7 counties. The surgical service is staffed by 2 full-time congenital heart surgeons. The cardiovascular intensive care unit is staffed round the clock by cardiac intensivists and advanced providers. 4 full-time cardiac anesthesiologists provide care to pediatric and adolescent patients, as well as young adults. The interventional electrophysiology and pacing section has a well-deserved reputation for excellence built over 3 decades. Both the invasive and non-invasive practices are extremely busy and cater to a growing need. The section works closely with geneticists and genetics counselors to manage children and adolescents with inherited channelopathies.
There's a Place for You Here
Come experience a different side of life here in northeast Florida. A vibrant mix of old southern charm and modern Florida flair make s Jacksonville exceptionally different from anywhere else. From the Jacksonville Jazz Festival to the Riverside Arts Market to the indie films shown at the Sun Ray Cinema , culture thrives here. With warm temperatures throughout the year feel free to do yoga while paddle-boarding on the Intracoastal, take in the sounds of nature at the Timucuan Preserve or lounge in the sand at the lively Jacksonville Beach.? Its true that Jacksonville has 22 miles of beaches, the nations largest park system, world-class fishing, historic neighborhoods, eclectic museums, a vibrant street art scene, creative coastal cuisine and delicious craft beer, but your new home could too! Theres a place for you here .