Adfinitas Health has a flexible part-time opportunity for a Pediatric Hospitalist to join our team in La Plata, Maryland.
Part time Pediatric Hospitalist position available. 1-6 shifts per month
- Provides pediatric medical hospitalist services
- Responsible for attending deliveries, stabilizing newborns and providing neonatal services.
- Resuscitate, stabilize and identify critical aspects of newborns
- Attend all c-sections and instrumentation deliveries and deliveries otherwise requested by obstetrics
- Work closely with obstetrician to create a safe environment in the delivery room
- Consults for ED physicians regarding pediatric patients
- Create, direct, coordinate, and supervise the patient care plans daily
- Conduct/order diagnostic tests, and analyze results and prescribe indicated treatments and therapies
- Refer patients to medical specialists, social services or other professionals as appropriate
- Round on existing pediatric patients in multidisciplinary rounds
- Work as part of an integrated team with care management, nursing, pharmacy, etc.
- Assist in patient education and goal setting
- Participate and adhere to all quality metrics and goals as established and directed by Adfinitas or the client/hospital
- Submit accurate and timely charges for all professional services performed
- Attend committee, CQI and management meetings, as appropriate
- Board certification in American Board of Pediatrics
- PALS and NRP certification
- Active Maryland license
- DEA License, state Controlled Substance Registration
- Strong inpatient skill set
- Quality-focused team player
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to providing exceptional patient care
ABOUT US - ADFINITAS HEALTH
Adfinitas Health is a rapidly growing and multispecialty medical practice. Founded in 2007, we are a physician-owned and managed company, providing high-quality, cost-effective clinical management services across the full continuum of care in hospitals, critical care and post-acute facilities.
We recruit and train the best and brightest medical professionals and offer career advancement, leadership training and education, and the ability to practice at the top of one’s license. Our physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants are supported by a dedicated team of business professional to ensure that the administrative and operational components of care are properly managed – allowing our providers to focus on patient care and quality improvement.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ADFINITAS
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Comprehensive benefits including Health, dental, vision, CME, 401k, ST/LT disability and life insurance
- Leadership and training programs available
- Malpractice insurance with tail, 100% company paid
- Cross-training opportunities
- Incentives for improved productivity and quality care
- Manageable caseloads
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Recognition of service outside of work
CALVERT HEALTH, PRINCE FREDERICK, MARYLAND
- Flexible block schedule
- EMR: Meditech
- ICU: Open
- Subspecialty support: Excellent
For over a century, we have been determined to bring the highest quality of care to our community. It is a rich heritage of dedication and commitment to excellence that we continue to provide today. We are dedicated to the seamless delivery of high quality medical services for each of our patients. This means supplying everything from acute, critical care to rehabilitation and home health services, all in the same continuum.
Calvert County is one of the best places to live in Maryland! Many young professionals live here, and most residents own their homes. Calvert County is located 30 miles southeast of Washington, D.C. and is bounded on the east by the scenic Chesapeake Bay and on the west by the Patuxent River.
You will find some of the best seafood, quality schools, history to explore, and marshlands and coastlines on the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean in the east alongside pine groves in the Maryland mountains in the west!
We are not accepting inquiries or solicitations from 3rd party recruiters/search firms.
This is not a J1 eligible opportunity
Adfinitas Health is a government contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is Adfinitas Health’s policy that all personnel-related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Calvert Memorial Hospital is a private, not-for-profit, community-owned hospital. Founded in 1919, CMH has been taking care of Southern Maryland families for nearly 100 years.
We are dedicated to the seamless delivery of high quality medical services for each of our patients. This means supplying everything you may need, from acute, critical care to rehabilitation and home health services, all in the same continuum. It also means providing community health education, wellness programs and reaching out to our neighbors through community partnerships.
Our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission, licensed by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and certified for Medicare and Medicaid. You can feel confident that you will receive only the highest quality care at CMH.
There are 220 active and consulting physicians representing over 40 different specialties. More than 1300 dedicated employees help CMH provide the very best for our patients. An additional 200 volunteers help add those "special touches" you will notice during your stay here.
CMH is governed by a community board of directors who volunteer their service to the hospital. They represent our community and take an active role in the operation of our facility.
In addition to our main hospital campus, satellite medical office buildings in Dunkirk, Lusby, Solomons, Twin Beaches and Prince Frederick ensure that quality care is no more than 15 minutes from anywhere in Calvert County.
Prince Frederick , Maryland, lays claim to a 77 percent population growth between 2000 and 2010. Whether it's the historic landmarks, its proximity to the nation's capital or the fact that it's only 5 miles from the Chesapeake Bay, there's undoubtedly something that's drawing people to the area. Even famed author Tom Clancy periodically called a Prince Frederick neighborhood his home!