- Providing pediatric clinical care to a diverse patient population in an ambulatory setting in a large, multidisciplinary academic health center
- Providing on-call duties shared with other members of the faculty
- Supervising and teaching fellows, residents, and medical students
- Performing basic, translational, and clinical research to develop publications and grant submissions
- Participating on committees and performing other academic faculty duties including community outreach, advocacy, and/or regional and national professional leadership.
Candidates must have an MD/DO, be board certified/eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology, and licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Florida. Bilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) preferred. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic record and demonstrated clinical productivity in addition to research experience working on sponsored projects. The candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to work efficiently independently and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team.
All pediatric faculty support the academic mission of the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine through scholarly activity and by actively participating in education, training, and community outreach. Salary will be commensurate with training and experience. Compensation includes excellent fringe benefits. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Please apply online and send curriculum vitae and letter of interest to:
Ignacio E. Tapia, M.D., M.S.
Professor of Pediatrics, Pending Rank
Division Chief of Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine