The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group (MAPMG) proudly provides the highest quality integrated care for over 800,000 members in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. We invite applications for a specialist in Pediatrics at our Frederick location .
Eligible for 100,000.00 forgivable loan OR $150,000.00 in student loan repayment as a new hire incentive!
In collaboration with the Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States, we provide high-quality, patient-centered health care. Through this partnership, our physicians are part of an industry-leading health care delivery model, having access to advanced technological tools and receiving comprehensive practice support.
MAPMG physicians are salaried, without the pressures of alternative payment models or fee-for-services. Our members have easy access to specialists and medical records, thus allowing you to treat the whole patient.
What You Can Expect:
- Physician-friendly Electric Medical Record system
- Mix of virtual & in-person patient visits
- 20-minute appointments
- 11-12 patients per session
- Call Schedule:
- Calls divided equally amongst all providers
- Provide newborn rounding coverage
- ER and pediatric admission calls go to Pediatric Hospital rounder
- Patient calls triaged by RN first
- Bult in referral base
- Pharmacy, lab & radiology on site
- Collaboration with pediatric specialist via electronic chart reviews and consults
- Collegial working environment
- Experienced support staff
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Eligible in Pediatrics
- Currently licensed or able to obtain licenses in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia
- Work visa sponsorship is available for eligible applicants.
- Practice patient-centered, culturally competent medical care
- Communicate thoughtfully (listen, educate, advocate)
- Lead with integrity
- Value teamwork
- Are transparent and honest
- Go “above and beyond” for their patients
We Provide You:
- Nationally competitive annual salaries with no stressful RVUs
- Clear pathway for physicians to become shareholders
- Comprehensive benefits include 100% employer-funded medical and dental insurance premiums, a pension plan and 401(k), life insurance and paid annual leave including paid holidays
- Complete professional liability coverage including malpractice insurance provided at no cost, 100% reimbursement for obtaining and maintaining board certification, continuing medical education reimbursement, and in-house CME opportunities
- Clinical support team
- A concierge service that works directly with you to apply for all required state, CDS, and DEA licenses
The Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group is the nation's leading group of doctors. With more than 1,700 physicians, we are the largest, coordinated physician group in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. Our award-winning Permanente Medicine physicians care exclusively for patients insured by Kaiser Foundation Health Plan. Our health care system is called Kaiser Permanente.
Permanente Medicine physicians produce better health outcomes because unlike other health systems in the United States:
- We are built and led by physicians
- Our doctors earn competitive salaries, instead of fees for each individual service they perform
- We are focused on our patients' long-term health, which means we focus on preventing, diagnosing and treating disease most effectively
- Our board-certified physicians possess expertise across more than 50 specialties and work together, armed with the nation's most comprehensive electronic health record (EHR) so your entire team of doctors is always up-to-date with a full picture of your health
How We Work Together
Permanente Medicine is led by physicians who work independently from the Kaiser Foundation insurance company. The Kaiser insurance company pays the Permanente Medical Group upfront to take care of patients, and then leaves medical decisions to the doctors. Unlike most doctors in the United States healthcare system, Permanente doctors never need to wait for insurance company authorizations before sending patients for tests or beginning treatment plans.
How We Work for Our Patients
Most doctors in the United States are reimbursed by insurance companies for each treatment they provide. This model often traps the doctors in a tug of war between personal financial gain and what's in the best interest of the patient; the more the doctor 'does' to a patient, whether necessary or unnecessary, the more money the doctor receives.
Our physicians are prepaid for each patient they care for. In our system, doctors are under no pressure to do too much or too little. If a patient doesn't need surgery, a Permanente Medicine physician will not recommend surgery. If a patient has a medical issue they would like to address with their doctor over email or by phone, the Permanente Medicine physician will do so. In most of the United States healthcare system, doctors are financially pressured to ask the patients to come in for an office visit, even if the issue could be handled by phone or email.
Why We Offer the Best Medicine
Permanente Medicine is designed to help patients live their healthiest possible lives. Permanente Medicine doctors excel at delivering the best care to patients, and the results are clear: awards from national quality rating organizations, high patient satisfaction scores and, most importantly, better outcomes for patients that result in healthier, longer lives.