PEDIATRICS CC INTENSIVIST
Banner Children’s Specialists - Mesa, AZ
Join a Leading Health Care System in Arizona!
Banner Health is actively recruiting for a Pediatric Critical Care Intensivist to join our team. The Banner Children's Specialists (BCS) and division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine consist of 10 board-certified Pediatric Intensivists and nurse practitioner. Our critical care specialists provide coverage for a 24-bed PICU with ECMO capability, pediatric trauma, congenital heart services, and an overall admission volume of 1300 per year. The congenital heart program offers a full complement of cardiac diagnostics and interventions for children with structural heart diseases and arrhythmias. Opportunities for clinical research, teaching, and faculty affiliation are available through the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Centers.
We seek candidates with the following qualifications:
- Cardiac critical care expertise from diverse pathways of training and experience, such as:
- -Dual board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine and pediatric cardiology,
- -Board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine and formal training in cardiac critical care, or
- -Board eligibility/certification in pediatric critical care medicine with 3-5 years of experience in cardiac critical care
- Desire to support growth for the congenital heart program through quality improvement initiatives
- Desire to care for both cardiac and general medical/surgical critical care patients
Serving a pediatric population of 350,000+, Banner Children’s at Desert Medical Center (BCMC) in Mesa is a state-of-the-art, 206-bed children’s hospital that was opened in November 2009 and provides comprehensive pediatric care provided by specialists with pediatric training in Orthopedics, Nephrology, Urology, Neuropsychology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Oncology, Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Pulmonology, ENT, Endocrinology, Plastic Surgery, Radiology, Neonatology, Intensive Care and Infectious Diseases. Notable distinctions include:
- This hospital has a 120 bed Level 3 NICU staffed by Neonatologists around the clock.
- Over half of the babies delivered in Arizona are born in a Banner hospital.
- Well trained social services staff and numerous integrative therapy programs ensure a complete range of care for children.
- We have a child-friendly atmosphere accented by soothing colors and dedicated play areas, as well as a volunteer dog therapy program that helps cheer up young patients during their stays.
- Banner Children’s Medical Center is a member of the Children’s Hospital Association.
- It is part of Banner Desert Medical Center - one of the largest and most comprehensive facilities in Arizona which serves as a tertiary referral center for the East Valley of metropolitan Phoenix and treats the highest levels of acuity in the East Valley.
- BCMC is a Level One Pediatric Trauma Center.
Banner Health , a Top 5 Large Health System, is one of the largest non-profit health care systems in the country with twenty-nine hospitals, six long-term care centers, and an array of other services, including family clinics, home care services, and home medical equipment, in six Western states. As a leading nonprofit provider of health care in every community we serve, Banner Health is deeply committed to our physicians and offers you the unmatched support of one of the nation’s largest and financially strong health care systems.
We offer an attractive salary plus recruitment incentives. Interested applicants are encouraged to join our physician talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com For questions, please call or email Barbara Doty, Sourcing Strategist, at: 520-694-6036 or
. Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Banner Children's at Desert Medical Center provides comprehensive pediatric care from general to emergency, as well as services for specific childhood diseases. Highly trained physician specialists, social services staff and numerous integrative therapy programs ensure a complete range of care for children. We have a child-friendly atmosphere accented by soothing colors and dedicated play areas, as well as a volunteer dog therapy program that helps cheer up young patients during their stays.
Banner Children's at Desert Medical Center features 248 beds, specially trained nurses and doctors and family-centered care as well as an expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 86 beds.
- Six pediatric operating rooms featuring 25 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- An expanded Pediatric Emergency Department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency Department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology Department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
Banner Children's at Desert Medical Center is located in Mesa , AZ. is located just 15 miles from Phoenix and is home to more than 430,000 people. The city has numerous historic areas including the Temple District. This area of town surrounds the Later Day Saints(LDS or Mormon) Temple, which was built in 1927. The temple and its visitor's center attract more than two million visitors each year.
Other area attractions include the many museums and art galleries, year-round golfing, and historic Hohokam Indian sites. Spend an evening with the Mesa Symphony Orchestra or attending a play performed by the Southwest Shakespeare Company. If you like baseball, Mesa is the spring training home of the Chicago Cubs.
Nearby areas offer mega shopping malls, numerous factory outlets, wonderful restaurants of every sort, dozens of top-rated golf courses, Indian gaming centers, medical services, and many more attractions including Biosphere II, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, the Arizona Science Center, Kartchner Caverns, Saguaro and Canyon Lakes and of course, the beautiful Grand Canyon.