Sentara Medical Group has an employment position available for an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join Sentara Plastic Surgery Specialists in Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA. The APP will provide inpatient and outpatient pre/post surgical care for plastics trauma and elective, cosmetic services. Qualifications and highlights for this position include:
- Plastic Surgery-related pre/post surgical care
- Surgical experience preferred
- Varied case load
- Support inpatient rounding and outpatient care
- Work with attending plastic surgeons
- Manage pager during daily scheduled coverage
- Minimal weekend coverage
- No night coverage at this time
Applicants may apply online at www.sentaracareers.com , enter keyword search JR-37800 , and attach resume and cover letter outlining experience.
Sentara Healthcare is an award-winning, nationally recognized, innovative, nonprofit healthcare system. Our physician-led organization is a top-tier, high-performing multi-specialty group that brings together over 2,000 providers to deliver quality and compassionate care to our communities.
Life in coastal Virginia provides rich and diverse recreational and cultural offerings in addition to fabulous historic sites. Our communities are consistently ranked among the top places to live in the US with great public and private school options and superb outdoor recreation. Bike, swim, sail, kayak, fish, or just relax on our miles and miles of sandy beaches or catch a bite to eat and listen to music at Norfolk’s Waterside District.
- Provides an option to primary care and specialty physicians interested in an alternative to private or independent practice.
- Seeks to increase personal satisfaction, improve the quality of work-life and create favorable financial conditions for physician members in a family-friendly environment.
- Encourages professional growth and community involvement with opportunities in clinical research, leadership and governance.
- Learn more
Core Benefits with Sentara Medical Group
(for both full and part time physicians)
- Competitive compensation
- Generous CME allowance
- Paid malpractice
- Health insurance plans
- 403B plan with matching benefits
Sentara Medical Group is working to raise the standard for healthcare by p roviding quality care throughout, Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina
Sentara Medical Group (SMG) is a division of Sentara Healthcare, one of the most progressive and integrated healthcare organizations in the nation. Created in 1995 to optimize patient access by expanding Sentara's geographical reach, SMG averages over 1.5 million patient encounters per year.
Comprised of over 1,500 Physicians &, Advanced Practice Providers, SMG has its own board of directors and other self-governing capabilities. Sentara gives SMG providers many benefits, including reduced individual risks, money-saving efficiencies, and the support and resources of a nationally recognized healthcare organization. The most important benefit, however, is Sentara's reputation as the gold standard for quality healthcare.
In addition to family medicine, internal medicine and pediatric physicians, the group includes specialists in cardiology, surgery, surgical oncology, vascular services, neurology, pulmonary and critical care medicine, anesthesiology, hospital medicine, sleep medicine and more. Specialty groups at Sentara Medical Group .
Sentara Medical Group also continues to evaluate and invest in cutting-edge technology and the incorporation of the latest advancements in patient care. The Sentara app was launched in 2019, complementing Sentara MyChart®, an online tool that provides patients with secure access to their physician and electronic medical record .
Visit our Physician Opportunities to see a full list of openings
Sentara Healthcare At-A-Glance:
- 12 Acute Care Hospitals, Including 7 in Hampton Roads, 1 in Northern Virginia, 2 in the Blue Ridge Region, one in South Western Virginia and one in Northeastern North Carolina.
- Advanced Imaging Centers, Nursing and Assisted-Living Centers, Outpatient Campuses.
- Home Care and Hospice in, Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina.
- Optima Health Plan.
- Sentara College of Health Sciences.
- Not-for-profit mission.
- IBM Watson Health Top 15 Health System in the Nation (2021)
- Forbes Best Employers For Women (2020)
- Healthcare Equality Index All Twelve (12) Sentara Hospitals earned the highest designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality status with a top score of 100 (2020)
- Magnet Recognition Program: 9 Sentara Hospitals have earned this designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals (20+ years)
Sentara is proud to provide healthcare in America's first region . ,Located in southeast Virginia, Hampton Roads is ranked the 31st largest Metropolitan area in the United States. Recognized by a recent study as one of the nation's most diverse regions, Hampton Roads is home to just over one and a half million people and includes the cities of Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, Poquoson, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg. It also includes the counties of Gloucester, Isle of Wight, James City, Mathews, Southampton, Sussex, Surry and York, and Gates and Currituck in North Carolina.
Sentara Healthcare has long been an integral part of the Hampton Roads community. But just what is this region all about?
Our Vibrant Coastal Community Offers:
- Affordable living and low unemployment
- Safe cities with low and decreasing crime rates
- Excellent public, private, and higher education systems
- Oceanfront, bay front, riverside, lakeside, rural, suburban or city living
- Four mild and distinctive seasons with moderate temperatures
- Abounding cultural and historical enrichment and endless recreational activities
- Home of the largest naval base in the world
Ready to Relocate?
Use the Relocation Guide to learn more about Hampton Roads and start planning your new home.
Nationally Recognized Communities &, Statistics:
Hampton Roads ranked 15th in the nation for the highest proportion of white-collar employees. 49.4% of the regions adults are in a white-collar profession, putting Hampton Roads among the top 15 metro markets in the country (U.S. average is 45.7%). Half of the regions market is comprised of executives, managers or professionals who are affluent and active consumers.
The second largest per capita concentration of scientists and engineers in the U.S. can be found in Hampton Roads.
Hampton Roads has the largest naval base in the world with 104,465 personnel in uniform and a total annual payroll of $5.4 billion. Recent pay raises add more than $2 million per day to the regions economy.
79.6% of Hampton Roads adults own their home, which nationally ranks the area 3rd for home ownership.