Levine Children’s Hospital (LCH) is seeking a Division Chief of Academic General Pediatrics. Ranked as one of the top Children’s Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report in eight specialties for 2022-2023, LCH is the most comprehensive children’s hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC.? Our Academic General Pediatrics division is comprised of:
- Myers Park Pediatrics : the primary ambulatory teaching site for LCH pediatric residents and for students at the Charlotte campus of Wake Forest University School of Medicine. In addition, the practice is the largest safety net pediatric practice in Mecklenburg County. There are 7 faculty physicians and 5 advanced practitioners in the practice.
- Teen Health Connection : the primary site of our Adolescent Medicine section. The practice offers multidisciplinary care for adolescents and offers behavioral health services on-site. There are 2 faculty physicians and 2 advanced
- Child Protection Team : 2 full-time Child Abuse pediatricians, 2 part-time Child Abuse pediatricians, and 3 advanced The program provides ambulatory services at 4 regional Child Advocacy Centers and inpatient consult services at LCH.
- The Division Chief will be responsible for the strategic development and performance of the division to include:
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based clinical care.
- Promoting faculty scholarship and research; there are significant opportunities for clinical outcomes and quality improvement
- Collaboration with clinical operations and administration.
- Managing faculty clinical productivity.
- Recruiting and supporting divisional faculty.
- The position includes a faculty appointment at the Wake Forest University School of Medicine.
- The Division Chief will provide pediatric care for a diverse, multilingual, underserved population in the clinical area consistent with their training.
- Experience as a physician leader is preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in general academic pediatrics in an ambulatory setting.
- Hold Board Certification in General Pediatrics and be eligible for North Carolina Licensure
If it’s possible, you will find it at Atrium Health, the leading community-focused academic healthcare system serving North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. When you join Atrium Health, you will be welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. Practice where your voice is valued, your passion for advancing medicine is rewarded, and you get the resources and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing—for all.