The Division of Pediatric Pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine is seeking a full-time pediatrician with a focused interest in providing longitudinal care to a diverse population in an ambulatory environment and teaching ambulatory patient care to fellows, residents, and medical students. The position is at the level of assistant/associate professor on the clinical educator track. Research opportunities are available.
Essential Job Functions:
- Providing pediatric clinical care to a diverse patient population in an ambulatory setting in a large, multidisciplinary academic health center;
- Providing on-call duties shared with other members of the faculty;
- Supervising and teaching fellows, residents, and medical students;
- Performing basic, translational, and clinical research to develop publications and grant submissions;
- Participating on committees and performing other academic faculty duties including community outreach, advocacy, and/or regional and national professional leadership.
- Candidates must have an MD/DO
- Board certified/eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Florida
- Bilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) preferred
- Strong academic record and demonstrated clinical productivity in addition to research experience working on sponsored projects
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common mission of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making the University a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 17,000 faculty and staff from all over the world.