Southern Ocean Medical Center is a 176-bed center for medical excellence, featuring 230 physicians representing over 40 specialties, and over 1,200 skilled healthcare professionals.
Southern Ocean Medical Center, in recent years, has twice earned state-wide distinction from the New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA) for comprehensive wellness programs. In addition, Southern Ocean Medical Center has partnered with NJHA and a select group of New Jersey hospitals by participating in the ICU Collaborative; an ambitious effort to improve the quality of care for the Medical Center's sickest patients.
Southern Ocean Medical Center is at the center of a thriving seashore community, where the year-round population continues to grow at a breath-taking pace; and during the summer months, visitors to the area number in the tens of thousands.
Hackensack Meridian Health is a leading not-for-profit health care organization that is the largest, most comprehensive and truly integrated health care network in New Jersey, offering a complete range of medical services, innovative research and life-enhancing care. Hackensack Meridian Health comprises 17 hospitals from Bergen to Ocean counties, which includes:
- Four academic medical centers - Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune, JFK Medical Center in Edison, Ocean University Medical Center in Brick
- Two childrens hospitals - Joseph M. Sanzari Childrens Hospital in Hackensack, K. Hovnanian Childrens Hospital in Neptune
- Nine community hospitals - Bayshore Medical Center in Holmdel, Mountainside Medical Center in Montclair, Palisades Medical Center in North Bergen, Pascack Valley Medical Center in Westwood, Old Bridge Medical Center, Raritan Bay Medical Center, Riverview Medical Center in Red Bank, and Southern Ocean Medical Center in Manahawkin
- A behavioral health hospital - Carrier Clinic in Belle Mead
- Two rehabilitation hospitals - JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute in Edison and Shore Rehabilitation Institute in Brick
Additionally, the network has more than 500 patient care locations throughout the state which include ambulatory care centers, surgery centers, home health services, long-term care and assisted living communities, ambulance services, lifesaving air medical transportation, fitness and wellness centers, rehabilitation centers, urgent care centers and physician practice locations. Hackensack Meridian Health has more than 36,000 team members, and over 7,000 physicians and is a distinguished leader in health care philanthropy, committed to the health and well-being of the communities it serves.
The Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine opened in 2018, the first private medical school in New Jersey in more than 50 years where it welcomed its third class of students in 2020 to its campus in Nutley and Clifton.
Additionally, the network partnered with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to find more cures for cancer faster while ensuring that patients have access to the highest quality, most individualized cancer care when and where they need it.
Hackensack Meridian Health is a member of AllSpire Health Partners, an interstate consortium of leading health systems, to focus on the sharing of best practices in clinical care and achieving efficiencies.
Ocean County is located in the Atlantic Coastal Plain in central New Jersey. The County is the second largest in the State in terms of size and one of four New Jersey counties which border the Atlantic Ocean.
The County is in close proximity to New York City approximately 60 miles to the north and Philadelphia roughly 50 miles to the west. In addition, Atlantic City is located approximately 20 miles south of Manahawkin.