Novant Health is looking for a compassionate, caring board certified / board eligible Pulmonary and Critical Care physicianto join our rapidly growing inpatient team as an intensivist for days and nights , and we would love to speak with you about our opportunity.
Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center is a 576-bed level III trauma center with 21 ICU beds. Patients include neurosurgery, post-op, cardiac and medical. The intensivist group is currently comprised of 18 intensivists and 4 advanced practice providers. Must have a commitment to excellence in clinical service, be forward-thinking and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary in this environment and have the ability to perform all technical skills in the critical care setting.
- Work approximately 12 shifts per month (134 annually)
- Work alongside an experienced team of Critical Care physicians and APPs
- Flexible work schedule allowing for blocked time off
- Using evidence-based processes through a multidisciplinary approach
- Participate in the educational programs for the critical care unit personnel as well as the medical staff
- Participate in monitoring the quality, safety and appropriateness of patient care as requested by the director or designee
At Novant Health, our team of hospital based physicians includes more than 100 hospitalists available to follow patients from admission - whether it is a direct admit or through the ER - all the way through to discharge and back home. Our service line includes board-certified experts:
Members of our team are:
- Hospital medicine
- Critical care and pulmonary medicine
- Palliative care and hospice
Novant Health offers:
- Physician liaisons, championing education and training initiatives
- Participating and leading various quality and safety committees for an individual hospital or the health system
- Change agents, identifying and leading process improvement efforts
- Administrative partners with hospital and medical staff leaders to help facilitate organizational change
Novant Health Medical Group
- 2 year salary guarantee
- NH Medical Group employed
- Medical and Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Allowance
- CME Allowance
- System wide EHR-Epic
- Work-Life balance
What does it mean to be a part of Novant Health?
- Is one of the largest medical groups in the nation
- Offers resiliency training for physicians and team members to prevent burnout
- Is nationally recognized for advanced care and one of the largest community based, non-profit healthcare systems
- Is well known for being physician-led and physician-driven. For example, our physicians are in every area of leadership across the organization. That means every strategic discussion has physicians at the table, and every market partners a physician leader with an administrator. The result is a focus on the details that are important to physicians.
- A commitment to patient centered care and our model of spending more time with each patient, and creating a seamless system of care for our patients are the foundations of our success
- Sharing a philosophy of putting high value on the patient experience
- Novant Health is an integrated network of physician clinics, outpatient facilities and hospitals that delivers a seamless and convenient healthcare experience to communities in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
- The Novant Health network consists of more than 1,800 physicians and over 35,000 employees who provide care at nearly 800 locations, including 15 hospitals and hundreds of outpatient facilities and physician clinics.
- In 2021, Novant Health was the highest-ranking healthcare system in North Carolina to be included on Forbes' Best Employers for Diversity list.
- Diversity MBA Magazine ranked Novant Health first in the nation on its 2021 list of "Best Places for Women & Diverse Managers to Work."
- In 2020, Novant Health provided more than $1.02 billion in community benefit , including financial assistance and services.
Join us, and let's transform healthcare together. #MakeHealthcareRemarkable #JoinTeamAubergine #HospitalBasedMedicine
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine required
- Completion of an accredited residency program required
- For specialty physicians - completion of an accredited fellowship program specific to medical specialty
- Current MD license in appropriate state
- board certification or eligibility
- current DEA license required
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".