Number of Job Openings Available:
July 17, 2023
62729900 Pulmonology and Sleep
Day/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Responsible for direct patient care by reviewing patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation. Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
Provides direct patient care to individuals specializing in the respiratory system.
Key Position Details:
Split position, .6 Critical Care and .4 Pulmonary
Job Description: Principle Responsibilities
- Direct Patient Care.
- Provides direct patient care to individuals specializing in the respiratory system.
- Evaluates, diagnoses, provides consultation, medically manages and treats pulmonary disease patients.
- Reviews patient's medical history while collecting, prioritizing, and synthesizing comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Evaluates, interprets, and coordinates information to make decisions and recommendations regarding patient care.
- Provides education, consultation or intervention to patients (treatment plan) and their families.
- Works collaboratively with patients to improve their health and well-being.
- Practices in a thoughtful manner including consideration for cultural diversity, individual autonomy and legal responsibilities.
- Charts in electronic format in accordance with licensure and scope.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team approach to case management.
- May provide care in an ambulatory clinic, inpatient or outpatient hospital setting.
- May participate in on-call rotation.
- Utilizes quality improvement tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in delivery of patient care, patient outcomes, or work flows.
- May participate in peer review and quality assurance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral/Ph.D. level advanced degree in Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine or foreign equivalent from an approved school of medicine required and
- Completion of an Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited Residency training program in Internal Medicine required
- and completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited Fellowship training program in Pulmonary Disease required
- Less than 2 years of demonstrated experience in designated specialty area required
- Licensed Physician - MN Board of Medical Practice required with current certification or active participation in the examination process leading to certification in Pulmonary Disease by the American Board of Internal Medicine or in Pulmonary Diseases by the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine. upon hire and
- ACLS/BLS Tier 3 - Multisource required upon hire and
- PALS - Pediatric Advance Life Support - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire and
- NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation - Multisource required depending on business unit upon hire
- Licensed Physician - WI upon hire required and
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate upon hire required and
- Prescription Monitoring Program upon hire required and
- National Provider Identifier upon hire required
Lifting weight Up to 32 lbs. occasionally (*Allina Safe Patient Moving Policy), Up to 25 lbs. frequently