Northwest Texas Healthcare System is assisting Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC), Amarillo campus in recruiting a BC/BE Pulmonary Critical Care physician for an employed faculty position providing Intensivist services at our hospital in Amarillo, TX.
The Department of Internal Medicine at TTUHSC at Amarillo is passionate about advancing the health of Texas Panhandle citizens through clinical practice, research, and graduating competent caring physicians, and enjoys a strong reputation throughout the region.
Discover here https://youtu.be/Lo5eWdkTlPY what makes Amarillo, Texas a wonderful place to call home!
- Employed position and faculty appointment with TTUHSC Amarillo
- Position is critical care with some pulmonary
- 1 week on/1 week off intensivist schedule with pulmonary consults/clinic
- Team currently two FT physicians and two NPs
- Provide medical education and supervision to residents and medical students in surgical rotations
- Hospital has contracted Hospitalist service
- Generous compensation package exceeding private practice
- Full benefits package - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- PTO, CME, 401(k), Medical malpractice insurance
- Texas has no state income tax and is a tort reform state
- BC/BE in Critical Care Medicine
- BC/BE in Pulmonary Disease
- Become board certified within a year of hire date if BE
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited Pulmonary Critical Care fellowship(s)
- Exemplary clinical skills, a team spirit, collegiality, an interested in training pediatric residents and medical students
- Clean background and medical license record
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Medicine has three campuses in Lubbock, Amarillo, and the Permean Basin. Serving the healthcare needs of over 2.5 Million people in a 108-county area, Texas Tech physicians provide care in a comprehensive range of specialties as well as clinical research and teaching. TTUHSC's campus at Amarillo is a tight-knit community of physicians and surgeons with a mission to train confident and compassionate physicians who deliver evidence-based and family-centered care for a diverse population in an open learning environment.
Northwest Texas Healthcare System provides comprehensive acute care and outpatient services to the 500,000+ residents of the Texas Panhandle and surrounding region. With physicians in over 40 specialties, Northwest is known in Texas and throughout the region for cardiac, stroke, emergency, and children's services. The Heart Hospital at Northwest is the only dedicated, specialty heart hospital in the Panhandle, and an accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI. As the Trauma Center for the Texas Panhandle and certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center, the hospital treats over 64,000 patients in its Emergency Department each year. Northwest Children•™s Hospital is the Panhandle•™s primary Pediatric provider, with nearly all Pediatric subspecialties available through the Hospital and Alliance Regional Health Network. Women•™s and Maternity services, Surgical services including the da Vinci Robotic system, Primary Care, and inpatient Behavioral Health care combine with other key specialties to make Northwest the healthcare system of choice in the region. NWTHS is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS), one of the nation's largest hospital and healthcare management companies.
Amarillo, Texas: At 3,672 feet altitude with consistent breezes and low humidity, Amarillo enjoys 270 days of sunshine annually and four distinct seasons. Top-rated schools, upscale neighborhoods with views, and well-appointed country clubs offer families and individuals an exceptional quality of life. Outdoor recreation opportunities are plentiful at nearby Palo Duro Canyon, the second-largest canyon in the United States. World-class skiing and snowboarding can be found in Taos, NM, only a 5-hour drive away. Amarillo boasts a vibrant cultural arts scene including a symphony, ballet, opera, museums, and art galleries. Sports teams, diverse restaurants and cuisine, great shopping, annual festivals, and a historic downtown with a brand-new baseball park and minor league team combine to present a variety of entertainment options. With a metro area population of 300,000 and an international airport with quick flights to other Texas and U.S. cities, Amarillo is an emerging city with abundant opportunities!
If you have interest in this opportunity, please contact:
In-house Physician Recruiter
949.285.4947 mobile (call/text)