Capital Health Hopewell Hospital & Medical Office Building
Board certification in pulmonary disease and in critical care medicine
BC/BE in pulmonary disease and in critical care medicine
The department is looking for pulmonary as well as critical care experience.
For the time being, the need is in the pulmonary outpatient clinic as well as inpatient coverage. The pulmonary consultant serves as back up for the ICU physician during census surges, as well as ICU coverage for emergencies/ provider coverage.
# of patients seen per day / annually
In the ICU, typically 12-20 patients per day
12-15 office patients per day when assigned
1:4 ICU, Post ICU week off, 1 week pulmonology consults
List of duties
- Perform inpatient and outpatient procedures as appropriate for patient care;
- See new and follow up patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting focusing on complex pulmonary disorders; and serve as a resource to physicians on the medical staff of Capital Health and in the community to aid in the care of their patients.
- Provide inpatient and outpatient pulmonology services the remaining weeks when he/she is not providing ICU Coverage Services during her Assigned Week (as set forth in Section B.,below), as directed by the CAO of CHMG.
- When assigned to the ICU, Physician will round as directed seven (7) consecutive days and be present in the ICU twelve (12) hours per day for the week Physician is assigned, unless directed otherwise. The seven days Physician is on shall be her “Assigned Week.”
- Physician shall not have more than one (1) Assigned Week in every four (4) weeks. After an Assigned Week,
- Physician shall have seven (7) consecutive days off. No more than fifty percent (50%) of\
- Physician’s Assigned Weeks shall be night coverage.
- In the role as a Pulmonary Critical Carephysician, during her Assigned Week, Physician shall have, at a minimum, the following dutiesand responsibilities:
- Physician will cover the ICU at night on her Assigned Week and respond to all calls and questions in the ICU, and if needed, return to the hospital to care for critically ill patients.
- In the role as a Pulmonary Critical Care Intensivist, Physician shall cover the medical ICU or Neuro-ICU.
- Physician will conduct daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU as directed.
- Physician will aid in the training of mid-level providers of the ICU.
- Physician will perform endobronchial procedures, as patients require.
- Physician will be cooperative in efforts to provide assistance/coverage to all Critical Care areas of Capital Health.
- Physician will work with nursing leadership to oversee the Performance Improvement (“PI”) plan for the ICU.
- Physician shall attend monthly ICU Physician Assistant meetings.
- Physician shall ensure all critical care patients accepted to Capital Health are seen at the bedside within one (1) hour by Physician or his/her designee.
- Physician shall participate in the Resuscitation Committee and the Critical Care Committee.
Capital Health is the Central New Jersey/Lower Bucks County region’s leader in providing progressive, quality patient care with significant investments in physicians, nurses and staff, as well as advanced technology. Comprised of two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell), a Hamilton outpatient facility, and various primary and specialty care practices across the region, Capital Health is a dynamic healthcare resource accredited by The DNV.
A five-time Magnet-designated health system for nursing excellence, Capital Health serves as a Level II regional trauma center, regional perinatal center (including a Level III NICU), and emergency mental health screening center. Capital Health also offers the region’s first and most experienced Pediatric Emergency Department and most recently, New Jersey’s first Autism-Friendly Pediatric Emergency Department. Capital Health also provides innovative programs such as our Capital Institute for Neurosciences; nationally accredited Center for Comprehensive Breast Care; Center for Digestive Health; Marjorie G. Ernest Joint Replacement Center of Excellence; award-winning Center for Oncology; and the Heart & Vascular Institute, which includes the region’s first accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, visit capitalhealth.org.