Nebraska Medicine is recruiting a Rheumatologist to help grow our busy practice in Grand Island, NE. This is a wonderful opportunity for a self-motivated physician to join the areas premier Internal Medicine group with a strong reputation of providing exceptional care. In this role, you will work as part of a collaborative team of two rheumatologists, two rheumatology certified APPs, seven Internal Medicine physicians, along with a dedicated and experienced staff to provide comprehensive care for all rheumatologic conditions. This opportunity is ideal for a physician who enjoys a close-knit team, relaxed semi-rural lifestyle and is truly yearning to make a positive impact in the community.
- 100% outpatient practice - no nights or weekends
- Walk into turnkey practice without having to build your own panel from scratch
- Strong patient referral patterns
- Practice includes in-house infusion therapies, full lab and X-Ray services
- May qualify for student loan forgiveness programs
- Preceptor supervision of residents (if desired)
- Visa sponsorship available
- Perfect place to raise a family where the cost of living is 15% lower than the rest of the US
- More than 225 days of sun per year to get outside and enjoy the sunshine
- Vibrant city with unique attractions, art and music festivals, museums, great restaurants, and breweries
- Home to the Spring migration of the sandhill cranes
- Limitless fishing, hunting, and camping opportunities
- Excellent public and private schools - average student/teacher ratio is 14:1
- Tight-knit feeling of a small community only two hours from Omaha
- Local airport for ease of travel
The successful candidate must be an MD/DO (or equivalent degree) who is board certified/eligible in Rheumatology. Our compensation package is extremely competitive and includes a variable compensation plan that augments a base salary, CME allowance, retirement contributions, malpractice coverage, and other benefits.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Nebraska Medical Center is a 718 acute-care bed facility that provides care to some of the sickest and most complex patients from a team of experts that represents more than 1,000 physicians in all major specialties and services. As the teaching hospital for the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC), our patients also benefit from one of the nations leaders in and cutting edge research and education.
Omaha is a vibrant, attractive city with more than 925,000 people living within the metropolitan area. All the amenities of a much larger metropolitan area are found here along with a blend of Midwestern hospitality. Yet, the cost of living is 19 percent less than the national average. Affordability and a strong economy is attractive to young professionals, while safety, an abundance of education options and family-friendly activities are appealing to those with kids. Forbes magazine recently rated Omaha as one of the top five best cities to raise a family.