Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Hospital is seeking a Rheumatologist to join our team in Muncie, Indiana! Offering an Adjunct Faulty appointment in collaboration with Indiana University School of Medicine , and state-of-the-art facilities, you won't find a better fit to build your successful arthritis and rheumatology practice! We are looking for a Physician to become part of a culture where we put patients first, and live the values of purpose, excellence, compassion and team.
- Full-Time Days (M-F)
- Mostly outpatient (99%) with occasional inpatient consult
- Expected volume 100-125 clinic patients/week
- Very limited on-call need; occasional phone consultation
- Opportunity to teach residents, lectures, adjunct faculty appointments and limited drug trials
- Must be BC/BE
- Open to current fellows and practicing physicians
- Open to J1 (2025) and H1b visa sponsorship
- Attractive salary, sign on bonus, residency stipend, & moving stipend all available
- Strong compensation model with production bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package with group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, vacation, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
See how you can thrive, right here at Indiana University Health
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Physicians.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians represents more than 400 physicians in 45 medical specialties. The physicians & advanced practice providers are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout east central Indiana. The medical group has also introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City, IN.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is a member of Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system (ranked No. 1 in the state by U.S. News & World Report ). Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools, gives our physicians & advanced practice providers access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the region’s main campus, is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center offers the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school, and provides low-cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Get to know IU Health Ball in this video!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana , while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre , Minnetrista cultural center, David Owsley Museum of Art, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Some of Indiana's top-ranked schools, including the Indiana Academy for Science, Math and Humanities, the Burris Laboratory School and Yorktown Community Schools
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the top 20 counties to live in Indiana
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Museum (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir , hop on the state's longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway , and golf amongst the champions at the Players Club Golf Course or Delaware Country Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati