EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE GROWING TEAM OF CLINICAL FACULTY WITH BANNER UNIVERSITY MEDICAL GROUP IN TUCSON, AZ
The Division of Rheumatology in the Department of Medicine is actively recruiting an outstanding experienced clinician to join an academic faculty who provide patient care in the inpatient and outpatient settings, teach medical students, residents and fellows, and pursue prospects for scholarly projects. The physician hired will have a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with the candidate's credentials.
- M.D./D.O. degree
- BC/BE in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Ability to obtain an AZ license
- Graduate of ACGME Internal Medicine/Rheumatology Program
- 1.0 FTE
- Average patient load of six to eight patients per 4-hour sessions, seven to eight sessions per week
- Work in ambulatory outpatient clinic and robust inpatient consult service settings
- Treatment of patients with complex multisystem rheumatic diseases
- Teaching and mentoring of residents and fellows
The Banner - University Medicine Rheumatology team of physicians, nurses and other health-care staff provides care to adult patients with a variety of arthritis and musculoskeletal diseases .
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Systemic sclerosis
- Inflammatory myopathy
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Salary base plus incentives
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Paid CME days with allowance
- Fully paid occurrence-based malpractice including tail coverage
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Approved time off for all Physicians
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
Tucson provides a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities.
- Excellent K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Full calendar of cultural events at the University and downtown Tucson city center
- Endless sunshine, majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- Easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
- Year-round outdoor activities such as hiking, biking and bird watching
- Moderate cost of living
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner - University Medicine , a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine - research, teaching and patient care - across three academic medical centers. Our world-class hospital in Tucson is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and training of future medical professionals who serve the community.
Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration.
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
The unique partnership between Banner Health and the University of Arizona unites clinical care delivery, education, and research to the forefront of exceptional patient experience.
Which is why we at Banner - University Medicine Tucson take pride in being part of a health system that makes the highest level of care accessible to all Southern Arizona's residents. Our community portfolio includes:
- Banner - University Medical Center Tucson
- Banner - University Medical Center South
- Banner - University Medicine North
- Banner Childrens at Diamond Childrens Medical Center
- The University of Arizona Cancer Center
- Regional physician clinics
- Health plan division
Our medical centers are a vital part of Banner Healths mission to make a difference in peoples lives through excellent patient care. Throughout our locations, our exceptional faculty perform life-changing research and provide graduate medical education while displaying compassionate patient care. Our trainees go on to heal lives throughout different communities locally and globally.
Learn more by visiting us at https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com