The Department of Surgery at Banner - University Medical Center in Phoenix is actively interviewing board certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons to join the growing OMFS division. Along with program development, the selected individual will have the opportunity to advance a full-time general and specialized clinical practice of patients within a richly diverse population. The position practicing alongside three OMFS surgeons while teaching and mentoring dental students and eight residents. An evidenced enthusiastic commitment to clinical and didactic teaching is desired. The preferred candidate will also possess strong research interests, either in clinical research, basic science research, or both.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of building an oral and maxillofacial surgery program in an academic department with strong trauma and general surgery programs to support the growth of the division. The selected individual will receive a faculty title with the University of Arizona , based on tenure and experience.
- 1.0 FTE
- Clinical Responsibilities: OP clinic, IP rounding, OR cases
- Teaching and mentoring of students, residents, and fellows
- Clinic consists of two days/week with average patient volume: 25/day
- Call schedule: 7 days/month
- Certification/Eligibility by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- DDS or DMD OMFS Certification
- Medicare participation is required
- Ability and desire to teach dental school one day/week
- Experienced or new grads with a passion for academics are encouraged to apply
- Must be well-versed in trauma, history of team-collaboration, and fosters excellent interpersonal skills
Main Location : Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix, 1111 E. McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ
You take care of others. Let us take care of you. At Banner, your benefits package is all about your well-being. But thats more than just basic medical, dental and vision coverage its everything that makes you uniquely you, from your emotional health, to your family to your satisfaction at work. So, we design your benefits with you in mind. We listen to what you have to say, offer a wide variety of competitive benefits to give you peace of mind and provide additional tools and resources to support you.
- Production Incentives (wRVU), Paid Sick Time, Personal Time Off, Malpractice, and CME
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Pet, Auto, and Home Insurance included in Voluntary Benefit Options
- Adoption Assistance, Fertility Benefits, and Parental Leave Support
- Resources available for pet care, childcare, elder care, housekeeping, and tutoring
- 24/7 Confidential Mental Health Support, plus coordination of child and elder care
- Well-Being Program, including healthy-habit building, fitness challenges, nutrition guides, on-demand webinars, sleep guides, mindfulness, and more!
- Financial wellness resources, including retirement plans with matching or 401b deferred options, employee perks and discounts
Iconic Landscapes. Picture Perfect Skies. Its time to go beyond. Greater Phoenix, AZ is the nations sunniest metropolis and the cosmopolitan heart of the majestic Arizona desert. It's a city that basks in year-round sunshine with stunning Sonoran Desert scenery. Phoenix is the United States sixth-largest city with a population of over 1.4 million, home to 200+ golf courses, MLB Spring Training mecca, daytrip drive to six different lakes, culturally enriches with a plethora of museums, as well as an extensive offering of casual patio dining, destination spas, and upscale shopping. The area offers miles of hiking, biking and equestrian trails, professional sports, world-class theater, and exceptional musical entertainment. Adventure, fresh air, and beautiful sunsets Arizona has it all.
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network came together in 2015 to form Banner - University Medicine, a health system providing the highest level of care accessible to Arizonas communities. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine, focusing on teaching and patient care with expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community globally.
We encourage you include your CV and mention this site when you apply directly at PracticeWithUs.BannerHealth.com for live application tracking. Thank you!
The safety of our team members and patients is of utmost importance, so Banner is requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for all team members. As members of the health care field, we are in the business of caring for people, so we take seriously our commitment to ensure our patients and teams are safeguarded from this rapidly changing and dangerous disease.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.