SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare) - General Surgery at Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton, CO.
Brighton, Colorado has that small and somewhat rural community feel while still only being approximately 35 minutes from downtown Denver. Visit the Chamber of Commerce site for more information about this lovely town. https://www.brightonchamber.com/about-brighton
As a General Surgeon youll work with 2 other Surgeons to provide top-notch care and patient experience. Here are some highlights you can expect.
- You would practice at Platte Valley Medical Center in Brighton, CO (~35 min from downtown Denver)
- Your hours will be Mon-Fri ~8am-5pm plus paid call
- 8 required call shifts per month
- Platte Valley Medical Center is a Level III trauma center with 4 operating rooms
- High acuity cases are transferred to Good Samaritan Medical Center or Saint Joseph Hospital
- Two Surgical First Assists available for the OR along with a Clinical Nurse Specialist and two Medical Assists in the clinic
- Mostly bread and butter general surgery cases, but also includes complex abdominal surgeries
Compensation: Our compensation package consist of a base salary of $255,000 plus paid call equaling ~$118,000 annually (8 shifts per month at $1300/shift). You would also be eligible to receive a production incentive based on wRVUs. Additionally, we are offering a $25,000 Sign on Bonus plus relocation (if applicable).
We hire people, not words on paper. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- MD or DO degree from a fully accredited medical or osteopathic school of medicine
- Current and unrestricted CO license or able to obtain
- Current DEA, ACLS, ATLS
- Board certified in General Surgery
- Minimum of 2 years practicing as a general surgeon post training along with level III trauma call experience
Additional Information and Links.
Platte Valley Medical Center is part of SCL Health (now Intermountain Healthcare), a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to retirement savings plans. CME benefits, malpractice insurance coverage, and license reimbursement are also included as part of your employment benefits along with paid days off.