Join an award winning, physician-led health system that prides itself on an inclusive, collegial, and innovative culture. As an Endocrinologist or Diabetologist at OhioHealth , you will receive the support needed to balance your personal and professional goals and impact our mission of improving the health of those we serve.
- Join a reputable and well-established practice which offers the full spectrum of endocrinology care to the Athens community and surrounding area.
- Outpatient practice with minimal inpatient responsibilities
- A unique Diabetology fellowship program offers teaching opportunities with fellows and medical students.
- Clinical research available through the OhioHealth Research Institute
- The ideal candidate will have a strong clinical background and a desire to work in a smaller rural community. Athens is home to Ohio University which has the only osteopathic college in Ohio, Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Residency stipend available for those who qualify
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Generous student loan repayment of up to $80,000 and $8,000 for relocation assistance
- Comprehensive benefits package inclusive of paid time off, CME, and wellness offerings to support work life balance
- Epic EMR System
- OhioHealth Physician Leadership Institute and Development Curriculum
- BE/ BC Endocrinologist through the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) OR BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine with fellowship training in Diabetology
For questions or to schedule an exploratory call, please contact our Physician Recruiter, Jaclyn Adeva .
OhioHealth is a nationally recognized, not-for-profit, charitable regional hospital system located in Central OH and the surrounding areas.
Serving our communities since 1891, we are a family of 35,000 associates, providers and volunteers across a system of 12 hospitals, 200+ ambulatory sites, hospice, home-health, medical equipment and other health services spanning a 47-county area.
We are an inclusive organization that values and builds upon respect and compassionate care for all.
As a world class organization, we have been recognized as a:
- 2021 DiversityInc Top Health System
- Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For 14 times
- Top 10% of Press Ganey’s Hospital Experience Survey
Complete list of Awards and Recognition: https://www.ohiohealth.com/about-us/awards
Athens, Ohio is a vibrant college town, nestled in the beautiful Hocking Hills region. The prestigious Ohio University draws diverse and educated residents, along with a lively arts and music scene, restaurants and cultural events. The scenic landscape of Athens also provides a plethora of activities guaranteed to satisfy all outdoor enthusiasts.
OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital in Athens, Ohio, has become southeastern Ohio’s leading healthcare service provider. Our growing staff of local specialists deliver a wide range of outpatient services, surgical procedures and treatment options. Plus, we have the support of the OhioHealth family of medical experts across the state. We have deep roots in the Athens community, and an even deeper commitment to meeting the needs of those we serve.
Since 1921, OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital has met the changing healthcare needs of the local community. We have deep roots in southeastern Ohio and an even deeper commitment to meeting the needs of those we serve.
In treating the community as a whole, we treat the patient as a whole. We do this by providing the resources and establishing the connections necessary to keep healthcare local as often as possible — because we don't want our friends and neighbors in southeastern Ohio to have to travel elsewhere for great care.
- Our diverse medical staff includes specialists who offer a variety of surgical procedures, treatment options and therapies.
- Our outpatient services are wide ranging and include laboratory services and imaging, including CT scanning, mammography, MRI and X-ray.
- We provide oncology and infusion services to treat cancer and offer programs for cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation and diabetes and heartburn treatment.
- Our facilities include a 24 hour Emergency Department, as well as a surgery center and birth center.
Today’s complex healthcare environment requires physicians and hospitals to work together to achieve excellence in clinical quality, patient safety and service quality. One of the ways we achieve that kind of partnership is through the OhioHealth Physician Group (OPG), a medical group of OhioHealth physicians, advanced practice providers and associates.
We value the expertise of our strong physician network. We seek out your ideas for improving the patient experience and implement them. It’s one of the reasons why we are regularly ranked in the top 10 percent of Press Ganey’s hospital experience survey, which measures physician engagement and satisfaction.
You can contribute to a culture that has repeatedly made OhioHealth one of the Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For.” And you can collaborate with MD Anderson Cancer Network-certified physicians, use telemedicine to seek the real-time advice of experts across the system, be a part of our state-of-the-art Neuroscience facility, Level 1 Trauma Center or Primary Stroke Center, or find your fit in any of our ambulatory or specialized care sites across the central region of the state.
At OhioHealth, we want to do more than support the careers of our physicians — we want to grow their talents and help them reach their highest aspirations. We see your education not as an expense, but as a strategic investment in the health system.
We know growth isn’t limited to just education, so we rely on the voices and leadership of our physicians. We have Clinical Guidance Councils, a Physician Diversity Workforce Group, and the OhioHealth Physicians Leadership Institute to help you lead, grow and innovate in all facets of your career.
Athens, Ohio, is a vibrant college town, nestled in the beautiful Hocking Hills region. The prestigious Ohio University draws diverse and educated residents, along with a lively arts and music scene, restaurants and cultural events. The scenic landscape of Athens also provides a plethora of activities guaranteed to satisfy all outdoor enthusiasts.